23 December 2012

Christmas is round the corner...

... and somehow we don't feel much of the festive cheer...
perhaps it's the negative energy that have been looming around us the past few months...
perhaps the grinch did indeed stole christmas...
perhaps it's the commercialization of the jolly season...  
i've walked along orchard road many times these couple of months, stopping often to look at the dazzling lights and listen to a carole or two.
it seems christmas approached with a heavy heart and i do hope the new year will bring some good news...

When I was small
and Christmas trees were tall
we used to love while others used to play

Don't ask me why
but time has passed us by
someone else moved in from far away

Now we are tall
and Christmas trees are small
and you don't ask the time of day

But you and I
our love will never die
but guess well cry, come first of May

The apple tree
that grew for you and me
I watched the apples falling one by one


And I recalled
the moment of them all
the day I kissed your cheek and you were mine


First of May - Bee Gees